The roots of Capital Gardens, an independent business, go back to 1981 when a landscape business was started in Battersea. This has now grown into London’s leading independent gardening company with five garden centres, a website along with a garden maintenance business.
Our garden centres are located in London at Alexandra Palace (North West London), Wandsworth (South West London) and outside London at Berkhamsted , Sherfield-on-Loddon (just north of Basingstoke) and Studley Green (north west of High Wycombe ). At the centres we strive continually to offer you a diverse and large collection of plants throughout the seasons, suited to our country’s varied climate and seasons.
The goods shown on our website are for sale only through the centres. So we don’t offer goods for sale through our website but we do operate a delivery service local to our centres and for customers who may need the service each centre offers a ‘telephone order and collect service’. If you are near our centres please visit these for the goods displayed on the website but check before coming please that they are in stock.
We hope your experience at Capital Gardens is productive and enjoyable – resulting from our continual efforts to provide plants and goods that offer value for money without compromising quality and a service that encourages people to visit us again.
Colin, the current managing director, started the business and it rests on him and his well-established team to see that when you engage with Capital Gardens you are given the best possible help to get plants and products for the garden to enable you to keep your garden as you want it.
To all of you, from all of us at Capital Gardens – Thank you!
‘BSc (Hons) Hortic
Our Commitment To Sustainability
At Capital Gardens we believe that we have a duty to adhere to good environmental practice, and operate in a sustainable manner. As lovers of plants and the environment it is only natural for us to want to reduce man’s impact wherever possible.
Colin and the staff at Capital Gardens are committed to helping people make sustainable choices in their gardens.
As part of this sustainability commitment we:
- Encourage the use of non-toxic, organic or sustainable gardening products where possible.
- Endeavour to stock the widest range of organic, sustainable products.
- Recommend alternatives to chemical options where possible.
- Continually make sure our products come from sustainable sources, such as FSC certified woods and Fairtrade coffee in our cafes.
- Thoroughly research the source of our products, buying from nurseries and manufacturers who adhere to high quality and environmental standards.
- Invest time in blog posts on sustainable topics, which provide a resource of information, inspiration and help for customers who seek it.
- Maximise recycling of waste products.
- Donate re-useable goods where possible.
- Ensure that all employees understand this commitment and conform to the high standards it requires.
We believe this is an on-going process and that we can continually improve upon it.
We strive to bring our customers the best range of sustainable and organic gardening products, and hope that you will find our blog posts on this topic useful. Please comment if you have any thoughts on this topic, or get in touch if there are any products you think we are missing