Capital Gardens Commitment to Sustainability
At Capital Gardens we believe that we have a duty to adhere to good environmental practice, and operate in a sustainable manner. As lovers of plants and the environment it is only natural for us to want to reduce man’s impact wherever possible.
Colin and the staff at Capital Gardens are committed to helping people make sustainable choices in their gardens.
As part of this sustainability commitment we:
- Encourage the use of non-toxic, organic or sustainable gardening products where possible.
- Endeavour to stock the widest range of organic, sustainable products.
- Recommend alternatives to chemical options where possible.
- Continually make sure our products come from sustainable sources, such as FSC certified woods and Fairtrade coffee in our cafes.
- Thoroughly research the source of our products, buying from nurseries and manufacturers who adhere to high quality and environmental standards.
- Invest time in blog posts on sustainable topics, which provide a resource of information, inspiration and help for customers who seek it.
- Maximise recycling of waste products.
- Donate re-useable goods where possible.
- Ensure that all employees understand this commitment and conform to the high standards it requires.
We believe this is an on-going process and that we can continually improve upon it.
We strive to bring our customers the best range of sustainable and organic gardening products, and hope that you will find our blog posts on this topic useful. Please comment if you have any thoughts on this topic, or get in touch if there are any products you think we are missing
Alexandra Palace Garden Centre
Neal's Nurseries Garden Centre
Neals Nurseries Garden Centre