Grow your own tasty herbs with Suttons 'Windowsill Herbs' seed growing kit.
Your Windowsill Herbs growing kit contains:
- Chives - delicious, onion flavoured herb for salads, egg and cheese dishes
- Parsley Moss Curled 2 - idea for salads and garnishing
- Basil Sweet - a tasty herb superb with tomato dishes
- Black growing tray
- 12 expandable pots
- Clear lid
How to Grow:
- Remove sleeve and place the black tray inside the clear lid.
- Half fill the tray with warm water and leave for about 10 minutes to allow the pellets to fully expand. Drain off the excess water.
- From February-June gently push 2 seeds into the top of each pot just below the compost surface. Place the lid on the propagator tray and place in a warm frost-free place out of direct sunshine, eg. greenhouse, conservatory, windowsill.
- As the seedlings emerge prop up the front of the lid by 1-2cm removing completely when all seedlings have emerged. Position tray in good light (not direct sunlight) and keep frost-free. Keep pots moist by pouring about 5mm of water in to the tray as required (pots will turn lighter in colour as they dry out),
- When large enough to handle remove the weaker seedling from each pot. Feed weekly with liquid fertiliser to encourage strong growth.
- Pot up young plants into compost in 8cm pots and grow on a well lit but not to hot windowsill, picking off leaves as required.
View other similar products in:-
Information about Suttons
Established in 1806, the Suttons brand has consistently led the way in supplying the very best flower and vegetable varieties of the highest quality. As a subsidiary company of Vilmorin Clause & Cie, the largest packet seed group in the world, Suttons remains one of the UK?s market leaders. The Suttons brand became hugely successful internationally during the 19th and 20th centuries.